Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Welcome Spring!



Spring is here, just in time for a potential April Fools Day blizzard here in the New England. Hopefully not. Everyone has a big case of spring fever, and a last snowstorm is not what we need.

Well, a lot of time has passed since I last posted. January and February were stellar snow shoveling months, and I spent them tending to my aching wrists from marathon snow shoveling during our weekly blizzards, and so didn't have much to show. During March, I have been working in the studio, but it has been on a couple of paintings for private collection only, so were not to be shown. Now that there's longer light during the day, Spring Fever has hit and I've spent some time organizing and cleaning, and finishing up some projects. So here's the Canadian Goose that I started working on in December, background finished finally. Sometimes it's hard to know what to do to finish something. You know when it's unfinished, but not quite sure what it takes to bring it to completion without overworking it. The grass part was challenging for me. The drawing has so much detail in the feathers, and so little in the water, that I had to find a middle ground with the grass. I think I found a good balance. Let me know what you think- does it need more work?

No comments: