Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Pomegranate and Nuts.


Here's a recent piece that I used to try out my new Pitt India Ink pen. I had fun with it and it didn't bleed when I used watercolors over it, which is something that I was looking for, not having any luck with a regular Pilot pen. I used watercolor, ink, and colored pencil on this. I wanted a still life that reminded me of the Holidays, healthy food that I should enjoy more of, instead of all of the goodies that have been being passed around at work the last few days!

I hope everyone enjoys their Holidays, and has a Wonderful and Peaceful New Year to come.

Lisa B.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Great drawing Lisa. I know that holidays get everyone in a cooking mood. Right now I am hooked on smoothies. Strawberries, bananas, apples with whole fat yogurt, a little milk and a little orange juice.
YUMMY
I am trying to fatten up my husband with the whole fat yogurt, so gooood.
Jeanne
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Claudia Marchand said...

Nice drawing. I want to crack open a few of those nuts as well as the pomegranate! I just bought the MacBook Pro! It is so much more advanced than the one I'm on that's 5 years old. I felt like an alien from an archaic planet and they were breeching the prime directive. I just set it up and right away wanted to see how the artwork online looked. It looks great.

Also, I am TOTALLY into smoothies too. I have one instead of that "2nd coffee" fix. My recipe is frozen banana chunks, almond milk, flax seed powder, yogurt and raw cocoa. It's delicious and I am hooked.

Do you have goals set up for 2010? It's going to be quite a year, I know it already.

Kathy Weller said...

Wow this is so lovely! Great work!

Hey thank you kindly for linking my blog. I am very flattered! :)