Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Growing Higher- acrylic, 8 x 10 in



Wow, finally posting again. I've somehow become busy enough the last two weeks to only spend an hour here and there painting. I'm currently working on another painting at the same time, but time was lapsing, so I thought I'd better finish one. This one is from a bunch of pictures I took a couple of weeks ago at Brooksby Farm in Peabody, MA. The macintosh apples were very close to ready to pick, I can't wait! I thought I'd start off a painting series of trees with the young trees stretching for the sky, a good metaphor for anyone who is working towards new goals, stretching their wings. The colors in the leaves were varied, yellow as the sunlight illuminated through, dark green in the shadows, and grayish white in the high sun. It was nice to try to capture all of the variations in hue and tone.

4 comments:

Claudia Marchand said...

This is fabulous! I really like how you painted the one in the forground with terrific clarity and loosened up on the one's in the background. I also like how you set out with something to say: reaching with no limits. You looked like you enjoyed painting this. It looks very summery.

Jeanne said...

I agree with Claudia. This painting is just great really, really. Wow you are doing such great work, you must be so proud of yourself. Growing Higher, wonderful.Jeanne

Becky Drees said...

The shadows are perfect!

Jeanne said...

Lisa, I am in the dumps. I need to just get up and start again. Your work is so lovely. Jeanne