Thursday, August 6, 2009

Foxglove, finished



Well, here's the finished Foxglove. I tried to do something different with the background, but in the end, I just made it a little darker or lighter in areas. I took some advice and added little areas of yellow on the petals to contrast with the purple,and in person, this does add a lot more visual interest. I tried too hard to think of something different for the background, and just couldn't step away from it. Sometimes I have a one track mind and it won't let me stray and open up to different possiblities. Ah well, on to the next.

2 comments:

Claudia Marchand said...

Nice work! I think the blue creates a fairy tale quality, although comparing it with the orginal, I think the 2nd photo has more blue tones overall, so it may not be accurate. The flowers look like they're dancing.

Lisa B. said...

I think the real color is somewhere in the middle of the two photos. Now that I think about it, I might have taken both at two different angles, making the light change.