Sunday, July 19, 2009

Poolside, 6 x 8 in, acrylic



I photographed this little guy at Glenn Magna Farms in Danvers, MA. He was in the small water fountain/pool in the flower garden area. Quite a catch. It was something I knew I would be able to let myself spend some time on the details, which is what I love to do, but have recently tried stretching myself further by loosening up the brushstrokes. I think a bit of both is going on. I had a hard time with the water, and will challenge myself to experiment more with water and reflections, but I think it came out pretty well.

7 comments:

Claudia Marchand said...

I really like this painting, and I honestly think the details that you spent time on create a more intriguing work of art. I like the arc of the curve repeating in this one, and I love what the red does for it. I looked closely at your brushwork, which shows you really loved working on this. So, don't knock the details—I think it's when you truly come alive as an artist! Keep going!

Becky Drees said...

That's just great!

Jeanne said...

Lisa, I was delighted to hear from you. I love this painting and I agree with Claudia the details are beautiful. Would you like me to put your blog address on my blog? You could put mine on yours, I am so happy to finally meet other artists. Keep in touch, please. Jeanne

typograph said...

Hey Lisa, nice frog! Here is the address to my typewriter blog - typograph.wordpress.com - you can go and read my pointless rants. That reminds me, Robby should get a blog. Ha!

Chris

Jeanne said...

Lisa, thanks for the comment on the inside of the pumpkin. I loved doing that painting. I will put you on my blog right now. Jeanne

Jeanne said...

Lisa, I can't seem to get your blog address right. Would you send me your blogspot. I tried Lisa M. Brown - Artist and it would not work. Jeanne

Jeanne said...

Hi Lisa, Thanks for the comment on my latest 6x6. You know that painting was just so blah and I just went for it using thalo blue and yellow and the daisy orange red and yellow. don't ask what kind of daisy it is.