Thursday, June 25, 2009

Lake Quannapowitt, Early Morning



Painting #2! Yay! This is Lake Quannapowitt in Wakefield, MA. I often drive by the lake on my way into work in the morning. The morning I took the picture for this painting, I fell in love with the way the sun was stretching out over the grass in the early morning. As opposed to my first painting I posted about, I held myself back from being too detail oriented and worked on getting a sense of light. I think I'm starting to see some success in that area. For paints, I used: Jenkins Green, Ultramarine Blue, Titanium white, Burnt Sienna, Cadmium Med. Yellow, and Payne's Gray.

Lisa B.

3 comments:

Claudia Marchand said...

Very lovely sunlight! I know we've been so starved for it for the whole month practically, but seeing that vibrant green against the canopy of trees and cool distant water warms the soul.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

You can definitely tell what you loved about this scene was the light on the grass! I've never heard of Jenkins green - who makes that? Nice piece, keep painting!

Lisa B. said...

Thanks, Kelley! I appreciate your taking time to leave me a comment. Jenkin's Green is from Golden Acrylics, it's a mix of bone black, Nickel Azo yellow, and phthalo green.

Thanks, Claudia! I agree, I was looking for any type of sunlight last week while I was painting this. Thanks for stopping by.